There are definite differences between manual and automatic vehicles, and before laying down your hard-earned cash, you should become familiar with some of the pros and cons of each. Obviously, when you walk into the dealership, you’ll already know a few of the things that are important to you. The size of the vehicle is one of the biggest factors when shopping around. If you have a large or growing family, you certainly won’t be looking for the same type of car that a retired couple might be. There are a number of other details that will also come into play; the car colour, the material on the seats, and all of the extras like built in video monitors, GPS, or even how many cup holders the vehicle offers!
If you’re not familiar with the terms, an automatic vehicle is one in which all of the gear shifting is done by the vehicle for you, while in a manual car, you’re the one who is in charge of shifting gears up or down while driving. Which one is best for you? Well, if you’ve been asking around, you’ve probably been inundated with opinions, and depending on who you’ve spoken to, you may already be leaning one way or another. Here are some great points to consider when making your ultimate choice.
The pros of automatic transmission vehicles
- Easier to learn to drive; one less thing to consider when attempting your first number of forays onto the roads. This is a great option for new drivers, or for those who might be more easily distracted and would do better with fewer driving requirements.
- Your location might make a pretty big impact on whether or not automatic is your best option. If you’re living in a city, for example, and your commute takes you regularly into rush hour traffic, automatic will be the best bet.
- Do you live in an area with a number of steep hills that you’ll be navigating often? Again, automatic will be far easier to drive in tricky terrain.
- Consider your lifestyle. Are you a busy, on the go type who regularly eats in their vehicle on their way from one place to another? You simply don’t have enough hands to drive a manual car, eat and change gears. It might seem silly, but your everyday life and habits have an impact on your enjoyment of what type of vehicle you’re driving.
The pros of manual transmission vehicles
- Want better gas mileage? Manual is your ticket to a cheaper fuel bill.
- A good driver can often save wear and tear on this type of vehicle by downshifting instead of braking. (This will also reduce wear on your tires!)
- A manual transmission can often mean less expensive repairs; they’re built with less complicated technology than a standard.
- Looking to save a few bucks in the purchase price? Check out the often lower cost of a manual transmission car or truck.
To know more, contact Central Driving School which is located in Edmonton. They offer driver training to students who wish to acquire their class 5 driver’s license within weeks through their carefully designed driver training courses. Contact us: email@example.com.