The best approach to learning a new skill – especially driving – is to do it right from the beginning. Parents no longer take their children to an empty parking lot to teach them how to drive. Driving schools and instructors who are certified are more important than ever for teaching the right way to drive. Having core driving skills is essential to be a safe and effective driver given the growing number of cars on the road, busy highways, and distracted driving on the rise.
The fundamentals of safe driving can be learned at a driving school even if it is not mandatory. another perk is that if you have taken driving lessons from an approved school, you can receive a discount on your auto insurance as well.
When to start driver training?
In short, as soon as possible. When you turn 16, you are eligible to take the G1 test and obtain your beginner’s license. Now is the time for you to begin your driver’s education with an MTO-approved driving school in Edmonton.
Depending on the driving school, you may be able to start driver training before you receive your G1. Before starting your in-car driving lessons, however, you will need your G1 and will only be able to complete the in-class lessons. Regardless of your age or driving experience, you can start your driver’s training at any time.
Benefits of training in a driving school
By learning to drive the right way, you will lay the foundation for a life of safe and efficient driving. There are a number of reasons why driving training is beneficial:
- You can gradually learn how to drive and get comfortable driving.
- You are able to practice all the essential driving skills behind the wheel.
- An education in driving can help you become more aware of issues and situations related to driving that you wouldn’t be aware of otherwise.
- A government-approved instructor gives you driving instruction so you can completely rely on it.
- During defensive driving lessons, you learn what to do in case of an accident.
- Depending on the skills you need to develop, you can tailor your driving lessons.
- As you drive in new and real situations, you learn how to handle them.
- By eliminating poor driving habits in advance, you can avoid any unpleasant situation on the road.
- When you get insurance, you will save a huge chunk of money.
Register For A Driving School
A driver’s license does not require driver training by law. The Ministry of Transportation highly recommends that you enroll in a ministry-approved driving course due to the many advantages it can offer when you’re behind the wheel.
Furthermore, if you pass your G1 written test within 8 months of passing your G2 road test, you are eligible to take your G2 road test quickly. It will take you 12 months to get your license without driver training.
You can rely on the highly professional educators at Central Driving School to help you polish your driving skills. They can prepare you for the road effectively and in the most reliable way.